Plate type heat exchanger consists of frame in which independent metal plates are clamped between a head and follower. The plates are sealed at their outer edges and around the ports by gaskets, which are so arranged that the liquid and the heating/cooling media be directed alternately into passages formed between the plates. The hot fluid enters at one side of the fixed end cover and flows through alternate channels between the plates and leaves the exchanger througha connection at other fixed end cover. The cold fluid enters at one side of the fixed end cover, and flows in counter current flow through alternate channels between the plates and leaves the exchanger at the other side of the fixed endcover. Hot fluid flows in one direction only, whereas direction of cold fluidflow can be changed from parallel or counter to hot water so that unit can be operated as parallel or counter flow heat exchanger. Temperature sensors are installed at various and appropriate locations to record the temperature offluids at the time of running the experiment. This unit is an accessory of Heat Exchanger Teaching Setup and easily can be installed on the Unit.
Technical Detail :
- Typical plate heat exchanger inparallel flow and counter flow operation.
- The heatexchanger will have 6 plates SS, havinga heat transferarea of 480 cm2.
- The plateswill be soldered.
- Hot andcold water supply from dedicated service unit.
- The heat exchanger must be spacesaving, that is, it will be fit on the service unit itself.
- Functionand behavior during operation of a plateheat exchanger.
- It will be able to compare other typeof heat exchangers as well.
- An instruction manual consisting ofexperimental procedures, block diagram etc. will be provided along with theApparatus.
- The whole set-up is well designed andarranged on a rigid structure painted with industrial PU Paint.